Podcasts are for me a great source of information and knowledge. While I’m commuting, I’m either on the phone or listening to poscasts about various subjects. I just went through my podcast playlist summer cleanup and, as technology evolves quickly, many of them were abandoned and not updated for years.
Here is the list of what I kept, sorted by subjects:
Databases & Data
- SQL Server Pain Relief: Office Hours with Brent Ozar Unlimited Brent Ozar Unlimited helps you make SQL Server faster and more reliable. The team discusses SQL Server setup issues, indexes, queries, AlwaysOn, SAN tuning, virtualization, and more”.
- SuperDataScience Kirill Eremenko is a Data Science coach and lifestyle entrepreneur. The goal of the Super Data Science podcast is to bring you the most inspiring Data Scientists and Analysts from around the World to help you build your successful career in Data Science. Data is growing exponentially and so are salaries of those who work in analytics. This podcast can help you learn how to skyrocket your analytics career. Big Data, visualization, predictive modeling, forecasting, analysis, business processes, statistics, R, Python, SQL programming, tableau, machine learning, hadoop, databases, data science MBAs, and all the analytcis tools and skills that will help you better understand how to crush it in Data Science.
- voiceofthedba’s podcast A series of episodes that look at databases and the world from a data professional’s viewpoint. Written and recorded by Steve Jones, editor of SQLServerCentral and The Voice of the DBA.
Cloud computing & Containers
- AWS Podcast Simon Elisha & Jeff Barr discuss various aspects of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) offering. Each podcast include AWS news, tech tips, and interviews with startups, AWS partners, and AWS employees.
- Azure Friday Join Scott Hanselman every Friday as he engages one-on-one with the engineers who build the services that power Microsoft Azure as they demo capabilities, answer Scott’s questions, and share their insights.
- Pivotal Podcasts Get all of Pivotal’s podcasts in one place. Covering cloud-native journeys to smart applications and modern development to team culture, listen to stories, conversations, opinions, and insights from leading technologists about the transformative power of software. Read show notes at https://content.pivotal.io/podcasts.
- The Azure Podcast Cale Teeter, Evan Basalik, Russell Young & Sujit D’Mello work at Microsoft in the cloud and services area. They specialize in building and supporting enterprise apps and services that leverage the cloud.
- The Cloudcast Aaron Delp and Brian Gracely host this award-winning weekly podcast to discuss the technology and organizational changes that are driving the convergence of today’s Data Centers and Cloud Computing. Topics include Cloud Computing | AWS | Azure | GCP | Serverless | DevOps | AppDev | SaaS | IoT. Guests are industry thought-leaders and leaders of companies changing the IT industry.
- The Doppler The Doppler podcasts cover all things cloud while focusing on how to prepare the traditional enterprise to look beyond conventional computing. Cloud Technology Partners thought leaders, David Linthicum and Mike Kavis among others, talk about what’s new, what’s working, and have expert guests who provide the advice you need to be successful in the cloud. Read by over 5,000 IT leaders, The Doppler weekly email reports and quarterly print editions answer your critical cloud questions and keep you informed on the cloud trends that matter most. For more information please visit cloudtp.com/doppler read more.
- Arrested DevOps Arrested DevOps is hosted by Matt Stratton, Trevor Hess, and Bridget Kromhout. ADO is the podcast that helps you achieve understanding, develop good practices, and operate your team and organization for maximum DevOps awesomeness.
- Continuous Discussions Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) is a community video podcast series discussing all-things Agile, DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
- DevOps Cafe In this interview driven show, John Willis and Damon Edwards take a pragmatic look at the technology, tools, and business developments behind the emerging DevOps movement.
- DevOps Chat DevOps Chats are “fireside” podcasts featuring DevOps.com & Security Boulevard editor in chief, Alan Shimel and leading luminaries and thought leaders in the DevOps & Security industry. They discuss relevant topics on DevOps, DevSecOps, Agile, Microservices, Containers and more. DevOps & Security Boulevard Chats are published on SoundCloud and iTunes, as well as being featured in posts on DevOps.com / SecurityBoulevard.com including a written transcript.
- DevOps Radio The newest podcast series covering all things related to software delivery.
- Software Defined Interviews Deep discussions about technology, enterprise IT, and the like
- Software Defined Talk Kubernetes, serverless, cloud, DevOps, & coding. Get the lazy WTF each week, mostly.
Hyperconvergence, virtualization & infrastructure
- Nutanix NEXT Community The Nutanix Next Community Podcast is a weekly podcast. It is an informal and technical look at topics around Nutanix, webscale, IT, and the online IT community. It will serve as a campfire and coffee shop for the extended Nutanix community.
- Brakeing Down Security Podcast A podcast all about the world of Security, Privacy, Compliance, and Regulatory issues that arise in today’s workplace. Co-hosts Bryan Brake, Brian Boettcher, and Amanda Berlin teach concepts that aspiring Information Security Professionals need to know, or refresh the memories of the seasoned veterans.
- La French Connection Podcast international sur la sécurité et le hacking. Nouvelles et opinions du Québec et de l’Europe!
- OWASP 24⁄7 OWASP 24⁄7 is a recorded series of discussions with project leads within OWASP. Each week, we talk about the new projects that have come on board, updates to existing projects and interesting bits of trivia that come across our desk.
- Paul’s Security Weekly Paul’s Security Weekly is a chance for a bunch of us security nerds to get together and talk shop. The topics vary greatly and the atmosphere is relaxed and very conversational. This is a longer show, typically topping out at 2 hours for those with a long commute. If you’re into listening to a podcast on deep technical topics and lively security-related discussions, this one is for you!
- Risky Business Risky Business is a weekly information security podcast featuring news and in-depth interviews with industry luminaries. Launched in February 2007, Risky Business is a must-listen digest for information security pros. With a running time of approximately 50-60 minutes, Risky Business is pacy; a security podcast without the waffle.
- Security Now Steve Gibson, the man who coined the term spyware and created the first anti-spyware program, creator of Spinrite and ShieldsUP, discusses the hot topics in security today with Leo Laporte. Records live every Tuesday at 4:30pm Eastern / 1:30pm Pacific / 20:30 UTC
- Smashing Security Join computer security industry veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault as they chat about cybercrime, hacking and online privacy. Follow the podcast on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity. New episodes released every Thursday. Bonus “splinter” episodes when we feel like it…
- The Social-Engineer Podcast The Social-Engineer Podcast is about humans. Understanding how we interact, communicate and relay information can help us protect, mitigate and understand social engineering attacks.
Life, career success & balance
- Beyond the To Do List Award-nominated podcast featuring secrets from productive people, showing you how to complete good work and balance your life.
- Career Tools It’s not enough to be good technically and get good results. The more successful you are, the more you need relationships. Career Tools podcasts help you be more effective in both areas. Get the respect and recognition you deserve.
- HBR IdeaCast A weekly podcast featuring the leading thinkers in business and management from Harvard Business Review.
- Lead to Win with Michael Hyatt Short-term wins are easy. Sustained achievement is another story. On Lead to Win join New York Times bestselling author Michael Hyatt and discover how current research combines with timeless wisdom for lasting success. From personal productivity to personal development, self-leadership to team leadership, and intentionality to influence, get the insights and tools you need to win at work and succeed at life.
- Manager Tools There’s a Manager Tools podcast for dealing with every situation you find yourself in. Whether it’s a big deal (like succession planning) or an easy fix (agendas in meetings), we’ll tell you exactly how to proceed, in detail. From hiring to managing your admin and from performance reviews to body odor, there’s a cast for that.
Technology in general
- a16z The a16z Podcast discusses tech and culture trends, news, and the future – especially as ‘software eats the world’. It features industry experts, business leaders, and other interesting thinkers and voices from around the world. Multiple episodes are released every week.
- Gartner ThinkCast Get the best insights anytime, anywhere on the critical IT and business topics that impact your organization. The world’s leading experts will help you solve your greatest challenges and reveal what will top your future agenda.
- Freakonomics Radio Discover the hidden side of everything with Stephen J. Dubner, co-author of the Freakonomics books. Each week, Freakonomics Radio tells you things you always thought you knew (but didn’t) and things you never thought you wanted to know (but do) — from the economics of sleep to how to become great at just about anything. Dubner speaks with Nobel laureates and provocateurs, intellectuals and entrepreneurs, and various other underachievers. Special features include series like “The Secret Life of a C.E.O.” as well as a live game show, “Tell Me Something I Don’t Know.”
And no, I don’t listen to all the new content every week… I just go over the list of all new episodes and listen to those who catch my attention. I also need to meetion that I have been using the application “Pocket Casts” on all my devices (IOS, Android) to download and keep in sync my listening status.